Friday, August 5, 2011

Our wonderful birthday weekend!

I love the fact that Paul and I share a birth month.  Our birthdays are one week apart, so we (almost) always do something together to celebrate.  This year, we decided to go to Dallas.  It was one of the best weekends of my life.  Really.


We missed the Kings of Leon concert Friday night, which worked in our favor since the lead singer stumbled offstage and never returned- he was too drunk to continue.  I would get fired if I showed up at my job intoxicated, but apparently it's acceptable if you make millions of dollars.  Who knew?  :)

On Saturday, we toured the massive behemoth that is the new Dallas Cowboys stadium.  That place is unreal!  We aren't huge Cowboys fans, but you have to admire all the work that went into planning this arena.  It's pretty amazing.  Saturday night, we watched Guys and Dolls at Fair Park Music Hall.  Paul swears it was better than Wicked!  I really, really loved the show, but Wicked is pretty tough to beat in my book.  

Sunday morning, we held to a long-standing hotel tradition.  We ordered room service to be delivered at a ridiculously early time.  Then, sufficiently stuffed, we pulled the curtains shut and went back to sleep to make the most of our late check out.  After  emerging from our post-breakfast coma, we went to Buca di Beppo for some great Italian food and cheered on FC Dallas Soccer Club in a 1-0 win.  After the game, we headed back home and back to reality.  

I couldn't imagine a better way to spend our birthdays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment