Thursday, July 7, 2011

It's been a long day.

It started innocently enough- a little gym time, an iced caramel macchiato at Starbucks and a trip to Lowe's to pick out this shed to build in our backyard:

NOT our backyard, though I'd love to claim it!
Pretty, isn't it?  Well, we need a concrete slab on which to place the aforementioned shed, and a secure gate on the fence that surrounds the yard in which the shed will live.  So, on to find a fence company to repair our gate that has been broken for 6 months. After playing phone tag with the fence company, they finally arrive to give me an estimate.  Did I mention that "they" were a full crew who started taking the hardware off of the gate before I even had a quote?  So much for a free estimate!

After asking the guys to stop working, I was finally given a ridiculously outrageous price.  While they were packing up, a crew member snuck into the backyard and offered to come over Saturday and do the work for $150 less than the estimate from his company.    Do you have your own insurance and licensing?  No?  I think I'm going to pass, buddy.  Good luck with that, though. 

In the middle of the fence fiasco, we get a call that Paul's dad is in the hospital with a heartrate of 35.  Seriously?  Yes, seriously.  

So, the day that started off so well ended at the VA Medical Center.  Paul's dad has been diagnosed with a 2nd degree heart block- Type II.  The doctors are holding one of his blood pressure meds until Saturday to see if he will self-correct.  If not, he will be the proud recipient of a shiny, brand-spanking new pacemaker.  The high point of the afternoon was dinner with Paul's mom at Olive Garden.  We might as well worry with full bellies, right?

2 comments:

  1. Wow MaryMargaret, what a long, frustrating and then worrying day. I do hope Paul's Father is making good progress.
    Thank you so much for becoming a new follower - it is such a pleasure to find your blog!
    Thanks for your lovely comment and for entering my giveaway!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I just wanted to say thanks for checking out my blog. I am actually noto sure how to respond to people, but I am happy you have a blog that I can post a comment on. I am so sorry about your day! I hope things are looking up a bit by now!
    -- Hugs, Bri

    ReplyDelete