Friday, August 24, 2012

One Month

Molly and Jack,


It is so hard to believe that this time last year, we were just starting our IVF journey.  Where has the time gone?  You are one month old.  The past several weeks have been a whirlwind of smiles, yawns and screams.  It's hard to remember what our life was like before you arrived because every moment of every day is now dedicated to you!  For your birthday, we got you both a prescription for Zantac to battle your terrible reflux.  We hope you like it! 


Molly, you are our Little Bit. Unless you are hungry, you have been quite content to carefully observe every detail of your surroundings.  You'll spend hours just looking around with those big bright eyes- nothing gets past you!  When you decide you want something though, you want it now.  Hell hath no fury like a hungry Molly, but once we put on your bib, you immediately get quiet and start rooting for your bottle.  It's ridiculously adorable.  You love bath time, hate diaper changes and are ambivalent about tummy time.  I am in awe of how strong your little personality is already!


Jackson,  where do I start Big Guy?  There is nothing sweeter than kisses from a happy Jack, and nothing more heartbreaking than wails from a colicky one.  I think I've cried along with you at least once every day.  Warm baths and sunshine are our secret weapons to combat the fussiness.  You absolutely love being swaddled- I think it helps your little belly.  Sleep seems to be a favorite activity of yours, but you will only rest well when you are bundled up tight.  Your Nana and Nanny call your wraps baby straightjackets.  I'm sure that you and Molly have an agreement that she'll let you know if anything important happens while you are dreaming, because you'd certainly miss out on it otherwise!  No one would dare call you a laid-back baby, but you definitely are a loving little man when your tummy isn't acting up.

You two couldn't be any less alike, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Love,
Mom


6 comments:

  1. Oh my, they are adorable. Jackson has it right, colicky babies love to be swaddled up in a ball, it rally does help their bellies. And Molly you are so adorable. They will continue to be so different, and so much fun to watch. Lots of belly time please, sorry that is the therapist in me coming out.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you can so distinctly tell their personalities already! I am pretty sure I would sleep better all swaddled up too, Jackson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your posts! I can't wait to meet those two cuties tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for keeping us updated. I cannot believe a month has gone by. Your photos are beautiful and those babies are beautiful too. What a great way to capture these first weeks by posting these things to your blog. I need to take tips from you!
    xoxoxo Susna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy one month! My boys love the swaddle too. Knocks them right out. Did you ever watch "new adventures of old Christine?". There was one episode where they swaddled all the adults and they all just kept drifting off to sleep. I could totally see that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your babies are beautiful Mary Margaret! Congratulations on such a wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete