Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'm in love... with a cookie!

Sometimes, you just need a good chocolate chip cookie.  I've been craving them for weeks, but have been too tired to actually make them.  Tonight, Paul wanted to cook dinner (which was fabulous, by the way- Thanks, Love!), so I decided it was time to make some cookies for dessert. 

In the past month, I've pinned about 10 different chocolate chip cookies on Pinterest so I had plenty of options for tonight's baking challenge.  When I was sifting through the recipes today, I disregarded any that seemed too complicated or called for a million ingredients.  I just wanted a cookie that didn't flatten into a puddle of buttery mush in the oven.  These cookies did not disappoint.  They were chewy and fluffy and pretty darn near perfect.  I think that the cornstarch is the key to this awesome recipe.  A huge thank you to Kelsey at Apple A Day for blogging about these little bites of deliciousness! 

 
Best-Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
barely adapted from Anna Olson, Food Network Canada
Ingredients: 
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened 
3/4 c. brown sugar 
1/4 c. granulated sugar 
1 egg 
2 tsp. vanilla extract 
2 c. all purpose flour 
2 tsp. cornstarch 
1 tsp. baking soda 
1/2 tsp. salt 
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.  In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3.  Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
4.  Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges.  (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)
5.  Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes.  Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely.  Makes approximately 3 dozen.  Try not to eat them all.

3 comments:

  1. This is perfect!!! I just bought chocolate chip cookies from the grocery store because I have also been craving cookies. As soon as I sleep off the night shift I'm going to try out this recipe!! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they look so yummy! Glad you got your fix!
    Happy Weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use one of those right now! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete