Monday, March 5, 2012

16 weeks- that's 4 whole months!

I honestly never, ever, ever thought that I'd be 4 months pregnant.  Somehow, here I am... and I'm loving it!  So, to celebrate, I'll post a 16 week update.

Week 16:

Weight Gained: 12 lbs, and I'm not going to apologize for it!  Yes, that's 3 pounds in one week.  Don't judge me. 

Cravings:  No new cravings have popped up this week, and I still cannot get enough Gatorade.  Any flavor but Lemon-Lime.  Yellow sports drinks probably belong in the food aversions category.  Blech.

Food Aversions:  Same old stuff- not much meat is making its way into my diet, but I'm obviously managing to take in enough calories.  See Weight Gained...  :)

Symptoms:  Nausea- it is getting better though, or I'm getting better at managing it.  I've been taking vitamin B6, and it does seem to make a difference.  Also, my nipples are on FIRE.  Especially when it's cold- they just sting.   

How I'm Feeling:  I'm still really tired.  For some reason, my body doesn't want to sleep more than 3 hours at a time, at which point I have to wake up and eat so I don't throw up.  I don't generally mind, except on the days between night shifts.  Then, I mind.  This was my weekend to work, so I've been pretty sleep-deprived for the past three days.  Maybe I am subconsciously preparing for the crazed-mother-of-twin-infants stage?

Exciting Stuff:  My cervix has grown!  It jumped from 3.2 cm to 5 cm in two weeks, which I'm attributing to working fewer hours.  I really don't want to jinx myself, but I'm cautiously optimistic that we are on the right track.  We'll re-assess in two weeks at my next MFM appointment.  Even more exciting?  I'm about to start working on baby blankets.  For my very own babies. 

Weekly Worries:  Baby A has a partial placenta previa, which means that he implanted low in my uterus, and his placenta is covering part of the cervix.  Most of the time, this condition will resolve on its own as the uterus stretches and the placenta is pulled upwards.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm in the majority on this one.  From one worry to another, I suppose!

4 comments:

  1. Mary Margaret,
    I am so happy and excited for you. Although I wish your morning sickness/not-so-morning sickness was going away since you are in your second trimester, I am so happy to hear things are progressing well. Love the idea of seeing weekly updates about it!
    xo Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!
    I'm also so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all fantastic news, and I have a feeling the placenta issue will work itself out. Love that you are feeling a tiny bit better and gaining weight. Take good care of yourself and get cracking on those blankets.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for 16 weeks!!!

    And, definitely don't apologize for the weight gain. It's a great thing. I'm so sorry you're still sick, though.

    ReplyDelete