Sunday, February 26, 2012

I am so sorry... I'm a Pregnant Flake.

Guilty.  That is the one word that describes how I feel right now.  We'll throw Unreliable in there for good measure, just in case you need a broader picture.

I've cancelled on two events in the past week because I have no energy to do anything.  One was our monthly Bunco get-together, and the other was a friend's 30th birthday party.  I thought that if I skipped Bunco, I might have the energy for the party this weekend.  Obviously, my body wasn't listening to that methodology.  Between the nausea and exhaustion, I feel completely incapacitated.  If doesn't involve working or sleeping, it's probably not happening, and I just need to accept that.  Where is this 2nd trimester burst of energy that everyone swears should be settling in?! 

None of these side effects are particularly bothersome to me, because I know that it takes a lot of energy to grow two little people from scratch.  I knew what I was getting into when I begged God for a child.   The only thing that concerns me is how my friends must feel.   From the outside, I can imagine that I look like a complete flake who cannot be trusted to follow through on anything.

Maybe I should issue a blanket apology in advance- if I bail on you, I'm really, truly sorry.  We'll spank the babies when they get here for causing so much trouble in-utero.  :) 

1 comment:

  1. Well, on the plus side, at least you managed to cancel on the events. I, on the other hand, just flaked out and forgot they even existed until too late!

    I'm definitely with you -- the energy to do these outside things is just gone. And, I think that 2nd trimester "boost" only exists for about a day and a half when there are multiples.

    ReplyDelete