Monday, October 3, 2011

Flip Flops

Once again, we are good here in the land of Infertility.  It's insane how things can change so radically from one week (or one day!) to the next.  As you may recall, last monday was exceptionally crappy.  Fast forward a mere 7 days, and things couldn't look better!  We have lots of fat, happy follicles and my estrogen levels are skyrocketing.  I attribute this success to the fabulous junk I've been eating.    Just kidding- I'm sure the thrice daily shots have a little something to do with it.

We are planning on triggering tomorrow night, and harvesting these babies (pun totally intended!) on Thursday.   Our future children could be conceived on Thursday morning!  As we approach the retrieval,  I find myself feeling strangely emotionally attached to these little guys.  If all goes well, we will head home on Friday or Saturday and the thought of leaving our embryos here, 4 hours away from home, makes me sad.  This is completely irrational, because I'm certainly not equipped to sit on a petri dish and incubate our potential babies.  I know we will be leaving them in good hands here, but I do expect daily updates on their growth progess!

As always,  thanks for visiting my blog-  you'll never know how much your comments mean to to me, and how therapeutic it is to have a place to share.  Have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Good news! I'm so happy to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi girl, I'm a new follower. Just wanted to wish you luck. I had my ER this past weekend and it was cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!!!! Great news, keep us informed. Sending you lots of love,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete